- 19 Jun 2023
- 8 Minutes to read
Stay Connected with the Bringg Driver App
- Updated on 19 Jun 2023
- 8 Minutes to read
When you (as a driver) first start using the Bringg Driver App, it requests permission to access your location, Bluetooth, or other services in your phone. You should add these permissions to ensure that your dispatcher stays updated on your progress, that the customer can receive updated ETAs, and that you can continue to receive notifications regarding new orders and changes to your route.
The Driver App is designed to be resilient to poor internet connectivity and much of the functionality is available without a reliable cellular or wireless data connection, meaning you can continue with your current assignments even while offline. However, the app must be online intermittently to receive accurate updates, including new order assignments.
There are a number of settings that you can activate to improve the connectivity and battery life of your phone, so you can stay focused on the road. If your phone settings do not exactly match the instructions included here, find the equivalent settings by visiting the Android or iOS help site.
Before You Begin
- Check your device's specifications to be sure that they are compatible with system requirements of the Driver App.
- iOS (iPhone): Confirm that your phone is an iPhone 6, SE, or a newer model, and that it is updated to iOS version 13 or above.
- Android: Confirm that your phone has a functioning camera and is updated to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or above.
- To avoid operation and security issues, keep your device updated to the most recent Android or iOS version.
- Download the app from Google Play, the Apple App Store, or with a link from your employer.
- Log in to the Driver App in any of the following ways:
- Login using your email and password.
- Login by entering your phone number (with the correct country code) and then selecting Send code via SMS to receive a one-time verification code to that phone number as a text message. Enter the code and select Log In. If you did not receive a code, tap Resend Code.
- If you are next to your dispatcher, you can log in using a QR code which they can display on their screen. To login this way, select Log in with QR code, then hold up your device to capture the QR code in the camera window.
Step 1: Enable Bluetooth to improve location services and allow for automatic events (such as at your fullfillment center).
Go to Settings and choose the Bringg Driver App, then activate the Bluetooth toggle.
Go to Settings > Privacy > Permissions manager > Nearby Bluetooth devices and select the app to allow Bluetooth.
Step 2: Allow the Driver App to always use location services while you are on shift.
This allows your dispatcher to stay updated on your location even if the Driver App is in focus on your phone, such as when you are using a navigation app.
This also allows Bringg to automatically send messages and update your availability when you approach your destination.
Some phones and networks automatically restrict or disable GPS services during voice calls. Avoid making calls, when approaching destinations.
Step 3: Enable the Driver App to use background data to ensure it stays updated with new and canceled orders.
Step 4: Keep notifications visible to stay updated about new orders and messages from your dispatcher.
Step 5: Allow the Driver App to access the camera so you can take photos as part of the handoff process, such as when you leave a package at a customer's door.
Go to Settings and choose the Driver App, then activate the Camera toggle.
Go to Settings > Privacy > Permissions manager > Camera and select the app to allow access.
Step 6: Allow the Driver App to access voice calling so you can call dispatchers and consumers directly from the app, such as when you need to confirm an address with a customer.
No permissions needed.
Go to Settings > Privacy > Permissions manager > Phone and select the Driver App and select Allow.
Step 7: To allow the Driver App to save delivery blocks (shifts) in your phone's calendar:
Go to Settings and choose the Driver App, then activate the Calendars toggle.
Go to Settings > Privacy > Permissions manager > Calendar then choose the Driver App and select Allow.
Step 8: Keep the battery charged and preserve battery life so your phone can keep running.
Avoid using your device on less than 20% charge or turning on low power mode, which inhibits some of the Driver App functionalities.
- (Recommended) Only use the charger that came with your phone.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. In general, keep your phone at room temperature and out of the sun as much as possible.
- Close apps when you are not using them.
- Only use a navigation app when needed, as they can drain battery.
- Using Wi-Fi drains your phone's battery less than cellular data. Keep Wi-Fi on, especially in areas with consistent Wi-Fi access.
|Recommended settings vary for Android phones depending on the manufacturer. Learn more.||Allow your phone to adjust the screen brightness based on the amount of light around you. To do this, go to Settings > Accesssability > Display & Text Size and turn on Auto-Brightness.|